Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

Naan-tonio Banderas!
Christina Sioux Sexy!
Bi-Becki romped with two BB men...and a woman!


Just a sample of some of the headlines featured in today's "The Sun" newspaper. I particularly like the last one. At least that fact that the new Big Brother housemate's sexuality is actually relevant to the news story.

What I really hate, and find kind of offensive, is the sensational way that the UK tabloids make reference to certain celebrities by their sexuality - "Camp Marco", "Transexual Nadia!", "Gay-le Winton!", etc. You never hear of Sol Campbell being referred to as "Straight-Sol", or Prince Harry as "Hetero-Harry" do you?

I couldn't help but wonder...if I were famous (more famous than I am already) - how would I be referred to by the British hacks?

"Camp Chris in Coke Fuelled Sex Binge!"
"Kinky Kinsey in Gay Gang-Bang Shocker!"
"Bum Bandit Chris in dirty dyke fight!"


Hmmm...I actually quite like this! Apart from the horror it would cause to my poor mum, dad and grandparents.

"'My shame!' - Gay Chris's mother speaks out"