Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...

Which do you want first? The good news or the bad news?

Ok, well the good news is that my hair is pretty damn long now. Freshly washed and blow dried it not only smells great and shines like the freshly oiled torso of an International Male catalogue model (thanks John Frieda with your Brunette Shimmer shampoo and conditioner range), but it now falls well below eye level (I know that you are all extremely interested in this development so I will do my best to post appropriate picture evidence here in the next few days.)

The bad news is that I am now forced to wear an Alice band at work to keep my hair off my face. It's clearly a case of function over fashion, but as my friend, Lindsay, kindly pointed out to me last week (as we did a trial run with her old, grey, stretchy make-up band) if anyone can carry it off, I can.

The real problem is that once I have worn the Alice band for an hour or so (in case you were wondering, a discreet, transparent, tortoiseshell brown - although I was tempted by the dusky-pink, padded gingham one Boots had on offer) and I remove it, my hair looks as if I've stuck my finger in an electric socket for a good couple of minutes. This rather unfortunate look means that I can't actually take the Alice band off for important public appearances.

Such as the gym this evening.

No comments: