Friday, June 10, 2005

"You're a drunk and a bad mother!"

A little while ago I heard on the radio that a Hollywood studio is going to make an all-star feature movie of Dallas. Fortunately it won't follow on from where the series and the three abismal TV movies left off and will start afresh, using just the basic plot and original characters.

Dallas was the first TV show I religiously watched as a young-un. A few years ago it was repeated on BBC 1 on Saturday mornings and you could watch three episodes back to back. I think over the course of six months my housemate, Alison, and I watched every single episode. I remember feeling a pang of something kind of like brotherhood upon realising that Pam and Bobby's offspring, Christopher, my namesake, was infact, when compared to John Ross Jr. ("Swellen" and J.R.'s sprog), a little bit poofy, even if he was only about 8 at the time.

The other day I was checking out the IMDB message boards for the movie and I saw that someone had put together a "dream team" of actors who they thought would be perfect in each of the roles. This got me rather over-excited and for the past few days I have been paying very careful consideration as to who I would cast in each of the infamous roles. Bear in mind that I have tried not to be influenced by who played the character previously. Because that's what good casting is all about, dontcha know?

Dallas - The Movie
casting by Christopher [cue theme music]:

John Ross 'Jock' Ewing, Sr.
Paul Newman
paul

Eleanor Southworth Ewing
Gena Rowlands
gena

John Ross 'J.R.' Ewing, Jr.
Brad Pitt
brad

Bobby Ewing
Christian Bale
christian

Sue Ellen Shepard Ewing
Amber Valetta
amber

Pamela Barnes Ewing
Catherine Zeta Jones
catherine

Cliff Barnes
Matthew McConaughey
matthew

Digger Barnes
Richard Gere
richard

Ray Krebbs
Luke Wilson
luke

Lucy Ewing Cooper
Elisabeth Harnois
elisabeth

No comments: