Saturday, April 09, 2005

Dynasty

Patricia...

nanny

...met Arthur...

granddad

...and together they had a daughter, Rosie.

mum

Rosie went on to meet Richard...

dad

Rosie and Richard...

mum and dad

...went on to have two sons - Christopher...

me

...and Stephen.

stephen

You know when a close member of your family dies you're always told that you shouldn't feel too sad because they carry on through you? Well that's part of the reason I've posted these pictures up. It's really incredible to me that the features my parents and my grandparents carry in those photographs truly are part of me. Literally, their combined DNA is my DNA - it's my blood, my hair, my eyes - everything.

I know it's obvious, but the more you think about it and the more you look at pictures like these...well, it's really quite profound, don't you think?

No comments: