Thursday, November 13, 2003

Has anyone ever noticed that police and ambulance sirens make that "Whoo-hoo!" noise? Has anyone ever noticed that they sound like a gaggle of gay men cat calling??? You will now.

NYC is full of them! Both ambulances and cat calling gay men.

I had this really great date last night - like REALLY great. He wanted to go for sushi which is like totally cool with me cause I am not digging the carbs right now. We even ordered a "Love Boat for Two". Cue giggles from other customers as the most enormous platter of every kind of sushi arrives on an actual wooden Junk. But we handled it well - the conversation was witty. I was on fierce. We drank hot sake, etc, etc.

Cut to Brooklyn walk in the leaves, Guinness, architecture, the realization that we are both chronically obsessed with Sonic the Hedgehog video games and all the other good stuff that goes with a really great date.

Then we get to the movies and as he turns away from me to get the tickets from the machine I make the first of two horrifying realizations. The first was that , from the back, he was the spitting image of my boss - same hair, shape of head, height...everything. The second realization was that his leather jacket was not in fact leather, but "pleather". And it wasn't a very nice style.

I know this may prompt some of you to say that I am shallow, but this is what I say to you............."shhh".

Anyway - it's all fine. Have ANOTHER date tomorrow night with a guy called Matt Moneypenny. And this is no lie - his great aunt or Uncle knew Ian Fleming and, as they say, the rest is history.

Wonder if he will be impressed that my new fave drink is a dirty Martini?

No comments: