Saturday, November 08, 2003

I went to see Texas Chain Saw massacre with Lindsay last night - the new one, not the old one. Steph also came. The two of us tried to persuade Linds that she really wanted to see Kill Bill (Steph and I have both seen it before. WORK UMA!) but she was having none of it.

Anyway - TCSM is shite. Although I give snaps to the girl who played the lead cause she was great at acting shit scared for the entire duration of the movie, I have to say that I was really disappointed that she didn't get a bolt through the head when she runs through the cattle corridor thingy at the meat factory - you know...the one that kills the cows. Cause that would have been a great way to die. Or at least for her to lure....

Oh, I hate it when I watch films and they are crap. It's the instinctive part of me that wants to find something good in everything. Steph was the lucky one, cause he made the sensible decision to bugger off after sitting through 20 minutes to sneak into Kill Bill, to still get to see most of the movie. Wish I'd done that!

What was really frightening though, was Lindsay's reaction to the scary, jumpy bits - she kept holding onto my arm and cowering! I felt like quite the straight boyfriend! Until it ended when I magically turned into a homo again by announcing that the whole way through the movie I had wanted a cup of tea.

Another friend calls me at 12.30am to tell me that he is never dating again. Unless the date is paid for by the other guy and / or it involves sex at the end. Wasn't sure if the last bit was more important than the paying for the dinner bit, but anyway - I was kinda asleep and my brain was fuzzy. I would never date again also if I thought that there was no possibility of sex at the end of it. But it's nice to know that I can also say "I'm not that kinda first date guy". Just nice to know, that's all. Never said it, of course...

No comments: