Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Lindsay and I celebrated our "last supper" yesterday evening by going to this great Italian restaurant called "Babbo" in Greenwich Village, which happens to be David Blane's fave eaterie (apparently he was in last week and we were reliably informed by the waiter that he was eating much more lightly than usual. Waiter also told us that had David performed the starvation stunt in NYC he would have got a lot more thrown at him than a few tomatoes. Insert extremely inappropriate joke).

Anyway - I had possibly the best pasta I have ever experienced - Goats Cheese with an orange sauce. Mmmm. Damn. Now I am hungry.

And when I went outside to have a cigarette (NYC smoking laws kill me - what better way to ice the cake than have a little ciggy after a great meal and wine?) I had another "New York Moment" - for those of you who are unaware of this unique phenomenon it is a few minutes of contentedness (some may call it smugness) where one realizes that one lives in one of the greatest cities in the world.

I think it had something to do with sitting on the steps next to this quaint little restaurant, on a cobbled street, with autumnal leaves falling - all punctuated by the distant noise of traffic a couple of streets away. Oh, and that handsome man who walked casually by, offering me just a hint of a "look".

Hot date with Kavi tonight - quite excited. Am wearing sexy underwear (not a thong) even though I have no intention of putting out (yet). But you never know when someone might cop a feel. Boy scouts and all that.

Not a boy scout copping a feel - I was talking about being "prepared"

No comments: