Friday, November 07, 2003

NOTICE - regarding Tom Ford's departure from Gucci, I have been unable to comment.

BTW - I am wearing the fiercest Armand Basi black sweater today - it has leather lightening bolts down the sleeves! I rock! That said, it has provoked numerous sniggers in the office. My boss just recited the immortal line from Flash Gordon...

"Flash! I love you! But we only have fourteen hours to save the world!"

My British friend Lindsay is in town and I christened her arrival by taking her to a tres exclusive champagne reception at the Bergdorf Goodman's men's store. Turns out that someone had lied about the champagne (actually the PR who invited me). We spent the next hour and a half nursing warm glasses of Pinot Grigio and being fed the blandest canapes ever. Didn't stop Lindsay and I downing about five glasses before deciding to leave. Ended up back at the apartment watching the Country Music Awards - basically an auditorium full of mid west rednecks singing songs called "Honk if you Honky Tonk" (I'd rather not, thanks all the same).

Had a very interesting meeting at Absolut yesterday (one of my clients) about the legal elements of marketing alcohol! Opened my eyes even further to the incredibly messy quagmire of US litigation. Basically so much as frown on someone and you get sued for millions. Quite extraordinary!

No comments: