Tuesday, November 11, 2003

So the weekend began officially on Friday night with Lindsay, Nick, Roy, Tess and I trooping off to OUT magazine's annual "100 Most Influential" party held at the Copacabana on the west side (apparently Out magazine thinks that the picker from boy meets boy is one of the 100 - I really don't think so).

For those of you who have never been to the Copacabana, all I can say is flock carpet and palm trees. A sprawling club that was way too overlit and pink in a way that looked like it had been hosed down with Peptobismal.

But the Absolut cocktails were plentiful and free, although this didn't stop me buying my first dirty Martini (which is now my drink of choice). To say I got drunk was an understatement. Met Steph later and then a few of us went to Elmo and then Lindsay thought it best to pop me in a cab and take me home. Then I did something I have never ever done in NYC, thus far. I threw up out of the window, at speed, streaking the outside of the cab with vomit and THE CAB DRIVER DIDN'T NOTICE! And I did it twice!!!

So Saturday was great - no hangover due to the purging! Went to the gym, did some shopping. Great! Evening not so great. Went to a friends party too early and ended up being at Kevin Bacon's party. Turns out friend and KB had hired the same venue! Anyway KB is v.short and dances like a nutter. But I suspect he was on his fifth bottle of Cristal.

After KB party went to Lotus, but was full of idiot blonde Lizzie Grubman types with nothing better to do than slop their Cosmos over you as you squeezed past their silicone enhanced boobs. Linds and I ended up in bed at 11.30pm.

Sunday - better....shopping on the Lower East Side followed by a spot of late lunch in a nice cafe. Went to Summer Phoenix's shop (Some Lost Ruby) and discovered that Summer actually works there! Asked her what the smell in the shop was and she looked genuinely delighted to tell me that it was the candle she was burning. What is it about celebrities, even B list ones, that makes me feel so fluffy inside? I went across the road and bought the candle from the shop she bought it from!

Evening - supposed to go and see an off Broadway one man play about Addiction, but ended up staying in watching Kate Hudson and Matthew Mc get it on in How To Lose A Guy in Ten Days. Stupid film, but I love it. Kate has got absolutely no tits whatsoever. She wouldn't fare well at Lotus!

No comments: