Wednesday, November 05, 2003

So last night was spent with my dad and my stepmom. We went to a very swishy restaurant (on my advice) called Blue Fin. Thought about expensing it back, but too risky - they paid in the end. Felt guilty - was $200!!!

I made the stupid mistake of bringing up the "lets name one personality flaw that we each have" conversation. Let's face it - the person that raises that conversation point only really raises it as an excuse to take a dig at someone in particular. Turns out that my biggest flaw is talking and doing things to fast.

Anyway the flaw that I pointed out in my father was that he constantly interrupts during conversations but gets mad when people do it to him. So then for the rest of the night I could see him trying REALLY hard not to interrupt. He'd go to do it and then stop himself and say "sorry".

I discovered that this is about as annoying as interrupting.

I am becoming more and more like my father - something that I had thought might be happening, but realized last night just how much. I am trying to intellectualize the reasons why that might be happening (time spent with parents in formative years, etc).

I am not yet becoming like my stepmom, as I have only known her for four years. That is yet to come. Maybe it will manifest itself physically and my hair will become wild and untamed. More so.

Lindsay is coming to stay tomorrow for a week and I am so excited. I have got us free tickets for two champagne parties and one off Broadway show. Work, my PR muscle. WORK!

No comments: