Saturday, November 13, 2004

The patter of little Scottish feet!

Poor old Jakeyboy. He was a little bit sorry for himself last night. They whipped his appendix out in the morning and had been sleeping for most of the afternoon. By the time I got to the hospital he was making a bit more sense than he had earlier (not hard), but I took great delight in pointing out that he wouldn’t be doing too many sit ups in the coming weeks! Ha ha!

Anyway – on the way home my old friend Robbie calls me and says that he was some news. Given that he only just got engaged to another friend of ours, Julia, it can only be one thing.

“You’re a lesbian?”

“Idiot! No! We’re pregnant!”

Yay!

So guess what? I’m gonna be a godfather! Scary huh? I have spent much time today deciding what it is that I’m going to teach my new godson or goddaughter. I finally decided on two very important messages:

1) It is fine to be gay!
2) It is fine to not like soccer!

If I know Robbie he’ll be fine with the first point. He’ll surely kick my ass for suggesting the second point though!

Robbie said that they will also call it “Christopher”. But only as long as it’s a girl.

No comments: